Heritage Institute of Technology Library, which is one of the best college libraries in West Bengal, comprises the Central Library, MCA Library and Departmental Libraries under the Faculty of Engineering and Technology. The Central Library of Heritage Institute of Technology is one of the central facilities used by all types of members of this Institute.
The basic objectives of Heritage Institute of Technology Library are to serve the needs of the faculty, research scholars, students, officers and non-teaching staff with modern techniques.
Central Library of the Heritage Institute of Technology, Kolkata (HITK), is the nerve center for all academic activities of the Institute. It is housed in a large air-conditioned hall of 20,000 sq. ft.(approx.) with sufficient seating space for reading. It is fully automated and is one of the modern technically equipped libraries in West Bengal with Barcode system and Anti-theft solution.
The area of MCA library is 1184 sq. ft. in separate building. There are MBA library, The Heritage Academy library ( for BBA and BCA) and Law college library within the Heritage Campus.
The Library Hours of the Central Library are as follows :
Monday to Friday - 9:00 am to 7:00 pm
Saturday - 9:00 am to 2:00 pm
The library has a generous collection of Engineering & Management books, Reference books, Scientific Journals, Reports etc. In addition, it has books on Humanities, Social sciences and Career Guidance also.
1. Books (Text & Reference): Title - 6152, Volumn - 57609 (As on 10/02/2014)
- B.Tech & M.Tech : Title: 4443, Volumn : 41949
- MBA : Title : 1071, Volumn : 9989
- MCA : Title : 638, Volumn : 5671
2. Subscribed Journals and Magazines (printed) : 295
3. On-line subscription : IEEE(ASPP), JET, JSMS, ASTM Digital Library, RMIT, SAGE-online, HBR-online, DEL-NET & NPTEL.
4. Journals (Back Volumns) : 1000 (approx).
5. Newspaper : 14
6. Other Materials (like CD-ROM, DVDs etc) : 3500 (approx)